- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (320 grams)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour (500 grams)
- 2 cups grated zucchini, packed and not wrung out
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins or chocolate chips, etc. (optional)
Heat oven to 325°F.
Generously grease and flour two loaf pans or 24 standard muffin cups
Whisk eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
Stir cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients and mix well.
Add zucchini and flour, mixing just until flour disappears. Stir in any add-ins, from walnuts to cranberries.
Divide between prepared pans and bake for 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If you’re making muffins, these bake much faster, about 20-25 minutes. Do not overcook.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before inverting and removing cakes from pans.